Primo™ Zip GD Waders
The Primo™ Zip GD wader from DRYFT® is a top of the line feature packed and stylish addition to the DRYFT® lineup of outdoor fishing apparel.
We took the popular Primo zip-front waders and upgraded them to guide specs. By upgrading the main components and materials, we made our most popular wader more durable, more abrasion resistant, more breathable and more functional. This upgrade boosted the popular Primo zip-front waders up a notch enough to earn the badge of ‘guide’ wader.
- Upgraded fabrics for greater breathability and long term durability. New 4L 310gsm lower is 50% more breathable compared to previous model with exceptional abrasion and tear resistance and enhanced bonding strength for greater long term durability.
- Upgraded seam tape structure in key areas throughout the waders such as fully double taped seams from the waist down with triple taped seam ends.
- Upgraded belt loops.
- Updated style.
Primo Zip GD Wader features at a glance
- Increased function over previous model with bigger pockets, more pockets and tool attachment points.
- Burly German engineered TIZIP main waterproof zipper. This zipper is found in use on top consumer products ranging from scuba diving gear to rescue equipment and is paired with a front zipper cover flap to help keep dirt and debris out.
- Recommended for 3 seasons (fall, winter, spring).
- Relaxed fit to allow for layering.
- 8 pockets including the waterproof media pouch and large drop in mesh pockets. Outer zipper pockets feature YKK water resistant zippers (not submersion rated).
- Ripstop neoprene gravel guards.
- Fabric details: 4L/3L (310gsm lower).
- Waterproof rating of fabrics: 20,000mm+.
Why choose the Primo Zip GD Wader?
Designed with comfort in mind, the Primo Zip GD waders use a high quality TIZIP® main zipper to help take the production out of mid fishing session bathroom breaks, and makes getting in and out of your favorite pair of waders oh so easy. The strong and durable four-layer lower from the waist down includes a single vertical seam design with seams running up the outside of the legs to eliminate seam abrasion when walking. The burly heavyweight four-layer lower joins a comfortable lighter three-layer upper with plenty of secure storage pockets on the outside and inside, including a media pocket and dual large drop in pockets. Adjustable straps, belt, and upper drawstring let you dial in the fit, and flexible knees give freedom of movement allowing you to walk, run, crouch, wade, stumble, and crawl easily without restricted movement. Zippered fleece-lined hand warming pockets double as extra storage, and an adjustable Comfortflex™ semi-stretch wading belt, a nylon webbing non-stretch wading belt, and storage bag are included.
What about staying dry?
Breathable, 20,000mm DWR coated waterproof fabrics combined with double taped seams bring the waterproofing to the next level. To top it off, seam ends and edges are triple taped throughout the legs to keep the water where the fish are.
When comparing price to features, the Primo Zip GD waders stand tall above any feature comparable wader on the market.
Primo Zip GD Wader Features
- 100% waterproof performance breathable four layer and three layer DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coated fabric technology.
- Durable reinforced lower from the waist down including legs, knees and seat. Comfortable three layer upper.
- Single vertical seam design on the outside of the legs eliminates abrasion from walking.
- Double taped seams throughout the legs for ultimate protection against leaks.
- TIZIP® waterproof main zipper. Release the Kraken.
- Hyper Green YKK® water resistant pocket zippers (not rated for submersion).
- Reinforced tear and stretch resistant neoprene gravel guards with boot lace hooks.
- High density 4.0MM ergonomically shaped neoprene sock feet.
- Adjustable shoulder straps with Duraflex® buckles.
- Inside flip-out pocket and waterproof media pouch.
- Fleece lined hand warming pockets helps keep your hands toasty.
- Large drop in pockets on the inside
- D-rings and tool attachment points on the front to hang all your crap from.
- Three belt loops keep your belt securely in place for safe wading.
- Rubber DRYFT tread soles.
- Adjustable upper sizing with internal drawstring.
- Hanging loop.
- Two belts. Each Primo Zip GD wader ships with an adjustable Comfortflex™ wading belt and a non-stretch nylon webbing belt with Duraflex® buckles.
- Mesh carrying bag.
- Removable Waterproof Media Pouch.
- Repair kit
Every sale of this product plants one tree that benefits salmon and steelhead habitat. Read more about our One Tree Planted partnership here.