Primo™ Zip GD Waders
The Primo™ Zip GD wader from DRYFT™ is a top of the line feature packed and stylish addition to the DRYFT™ lineup of outdoor fishing apparel.
We took the popular Primo™ zip-front waders and upgraded them to guide specs. By upgrading the main components and materials, we made our most popular wader more durable, more abrasion resistant, more breathable and more functional. This upgrade boosted the popular Primo zip-front waders up a notch enough to earn the badge of ‘guide’ wader.
- Upgraded fabrics for greater breathability and long term durability. New 4L 310gsm lower is 50% more breathable compared to previous model with exceptional abrasion and tear resistance and enhanced bonding strength for greater long term durability.
- Upgraded seam tape structure in key areas throughout the waders such as fully double taped seams from the waist down with triple taped seam ends.
- Upgraded belt loops.
- Updated style.
Primo™ Zip GD Wader features at a glance
- Increased function over previous model with bigger pockets, more pockets and tool attachment points.
- Burly German engineered TIZIP® main waterproof zipper. This zipper is found in use on top consumer products ranging from scuba diving gear to rescue equipment and is paired with a front zipper cover flap to help keep dirt and debris out.
- Recommended for 3 seasons (fall, winter, spring).
- Relaxed fit to allow for layering.
- 8 pockets including the waterproof media pouch and large drop in mesh pockets. Outer zipper pockets feature YKK® water resistant zippers (not submersion rated).
- Ripstop neoprene gravel guards.
- Fabric details: 4L/3L (310gsm lower).
- Waterproof rating of fabrics: 20,000mm+.
Why choose the Primo Zip GD Wader?
Designed with comfort in mind, the Primo Zip GD waders use a high quality TIZIP® main zipper to help take the production out of mid fishing session bathroom breaks, and makes getting in and out of your favorite pair of waders oh so easy. The strong and durable four-layer lower from the waist down includes a single vertical seam design with seams running up the outside of the legs to eliminate seam abrasion when walking. The burly heavyweight four-layer lower joins a comfortable lighter three-layer upper with plenty of secure storage pockets on the outside and inside, including a media pocket and dual large drop in pockets. Adjustable straps, belt, and upper drawstring let you dial in the fit, and flexible knees give freedom of movement allowing you to walk, run, crouch, wade, stumble, and crawl easily without restricted movement. Zippered fleece-lined hand warming pockets double as extra storage, and an adjustable Comfortflex™ semi-stretch wading belt, a nylon webbing non-stretch wading belt, and storage bag are included.
What about staying dry?
Breathable, 20,000mm DWR coated waterproof fabrics combined with double taped seams bring the waterproofing to the next level. To top it off, seam ends and edges are triple taped throughout the legs to keep the water where the fish are.
When comparing price to features, the Primo Zip GD waders stand tall above any feature comparable wader on the market.
Primo Zip GD Wader Features
- 100% waterproof performance breathable four layer and three layer DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coated fabric technology.
- Durable reinforced lower from the waist down including legs, knees and seat. Comfortable three layer upper.
- Single vertical seam design on the outside of the legs eliminates abrasion from walking.
- Double taped seams throughout the legs for ultimate protection against leaks.
- TIZIP® waterproof main zipper. Release the Kraken.
- Hyper Green YKK® water resistant pocket zippers (not rated for submersion).
- Reinforced tear and stretch resistant neoprene gravel guards with boot lace hooks.
- High density 4.0MM ergonomically shaped neoprene sock feet.
- Adjustable shoulder straps with Duraflex® buckles.
- Inside flip-out pocket and waterproof media pouch.
- Fleece lined hand warming pockets helps keep your hands toasty.
- Large drop in pockets on the inside
- D-rings and tool attachment points on the front to hang all your crap from.
- Three belt loops keep your belt securely in place for safe wading.
- Rubber DRYFT tread soles.
- Adjustable upper sizing with internal drawstring.
- Hanging loop.
Easy and Free Returns and Exchanges
Backed by the DRYFT Guarantee
- Two belts. Each Primo Zip GD wader ships with an adjustable Comfortflex™ wading belt and a non-stretch nylon webbing belt with Duraflex® buckles.
- Mesh carrying bag.
- Removable Waterproof Media Pouch.
- Repair kit
Every sale of this product plants one tree that benefits salmon and steelhead habitat. Read more about our One Tree Planted partnership here.
Craig Nakagawa –
I ordered the waders on Sunday and got them Tuesday using normal delivery. Wow and thx! As for the waders, they are the best waders I’ve ever had. I’ve had waders from the usual companies – Simms, Patagonia, Reddington, etc. – but never one of the “guide” models. I considered Simms G3s but decided on the Dryft Primo based on features and cost. First, yes, the zipper. Always wanted one. And, I wanted something that would last. But, what really stood out was the fit. These are waders made for athletes. I used to be a climber and am not as svelt as in days past, but I’m still pretty active. The Primo in small is perfectly sized for me and when you look at yourself in the mirror, you look like you’re ready some river miles. I’ve had waders that fit more like you’re wearing a parachute. I was also a bit wary of the look of the waders (potentially gaudy?), but when you have them on, they look great. Fitted and tough. I just took them out of the box, so obviously haven’t used them yet, but I expect they’ll be bombproof. Thx Dryft!
Daniel Wenzel (verified owner) –
Everything about dryft zip waders is top of the line, the customer service is great. My only complaint is the delivery company, it’s fed ex and they are the pits. Never on time. Always delays. But do yourself a favor and try the primo zip. They’re awsome.
Rick Wiita –
Recieved the Primo Zip GD Waders as soon as they came back in stock. Been using the ever since. Fit is great. Appear to be built hell for stout. No leaks so far. Love all the pockets so don’t need to carry a pack for day fishing. The front zip is awesome and the price point is better than any other brand I have looked at.
Customer service is as good as it gets. Thank you Nick.
John Platt (verified owner) –
I wanted to wait for awhile until I had a few trips on my new Zip Waders before I left a review. I’ve got at least a half dozen outings with over 40 hours on them so I feel like I can give them a fair assessment.
Overall they are awesome, the few things I would like to change are not significant and would not keep me from buying them again. In fact, I prefer boot foot when in a drift boat or when steelhead fishing in winter and if they come out with a set I will buy them ASAP.
The materials and craftsmanship are excellent. The zipper is great, if you are wondering if zippers are a good idea (I was) the answer is yes! They’re worth having. Fit is good. It’s all good.
If I were suggesting changes here is what I would ask for:
1. Make the outer pockets both expandable and waterproof.
2. Take the grippy stuff off the bottom of the bootfoot, it grabs and bunches when I slide my boot on.
3. Make the storage bag bigger.
4. Make the net holder a D ring instead of a loop.
That’s it really. Overall these waders are excellent, regardless of the price. The fact that they are less than the competition just makes them that much better.
Frank Inserra (verified owner) –
I just received my new waders and the quality and fit are fantastic. Finally a pair of waders that fit my feet. I’m a little larger in the middle , probably too many IPA’s after fishing. Can’t wait to hit the Salmon River in Sept. I also have to report that the people at Dryft are the nicest and most courteous group I have ever met. They made my experience worth the price and the wait. Tight Lines Thanks Frank
John Grant –
Used this past winter in Montana and recently for a week fishing in an Alaska river. I was totally dry, including my feet. The zipper is a fantastic accessory. All of the guides were using a well known brand and their feet were wet. I highly recommend Dryft.
Keith (verified owner) –
I fish in the upper great lakes, mostly for steelhead, I’ve had a few pairs of zippered waders but all seem to leak, these primos seem well constructed and durable, I look forward to many years of using them!
Eric Candelaria (verified owner) –
I bought a pair of the Primo Guide Edition waders this last winter. This is a switch from the wader company in Bozeman for many years.
Here in Missoula fishing is getting under way for the year and I’ve been able to get out and test them out this past few weeks. Great fit and a rugged build, the zippers and pockets are definitely top of the line. I really appreciate that these waders seem to be built by someone who knows what we need. I do believe you have a new very loyal customer. I’m sure the other guides and people fishing with us will want to know more!
Tom Zimorski –
Received mine in a timely manner. Bought XL based upon the shoe size so the length and girth is a little large but no worries. Used them for the first time today. Worked well and no concerns whatsoever. The front zipper may be the best aspect – putting them on/taking them off is very easy. Like the choice of belts and the roominess which permits ease of movement when bending and kneeling. Customer service is top notch.
originally bought the large based on the size chart but the chest area was way too bulbous….like an upside down petticoat. Sent these back for the medium long which fit perfectly. Completely waterproof. Zipper great. Included two belts…one stretchy, the other not (for more safety). Got these at the recommendation of a friend who uses DRYFT waders exclusively. Neoprene feet fit very well. Very happy with my purchase
James Bessette (verified owner) –
I can’t say anything but good about these waders . I got them in January I’ve used them a couple times before the waters froze over, in -15 degree Celsius weather . The customer service from nick was also top notch!
Cory D. (verified owner) –
Fully impressed. Comfy. Well fitting. Warm. Tough as f-all. I’m stoked with the decision to try something new.
ROY THOMAS –
So far, very impressed. I received my waders quickly and was happy with the look and fit of them. Been out 3 times so far and no leaks. I will report back in a few years for a durability review.
Steve Erickson –
Love these waders! First pair I’ve ever bought. Saw friends buy cheap waders from the brick and mortar stores that didn’t hold up. I prefer quality. Did my research, and wanted to support the local guys. First time out was surf fishing the Washington Coast. Paired with a pair of Korkers. Another local company. I came away with zero complaints! Customer service is some of the best I’ve ever experienced. Nick was awesome to deal with. Very fast response to any question I had. Can’t wait for the Wading Jacket to come into stock. I will definitely be buying from these guys in the future.
B. Wiggins (verified owner) –
Excellent waders! Very high quality and construction! I have had the Simms G4Z waders and I like the fit of the Primo better and believe that the quality is every bit as good as the Simms. The Primo Zip Wader is as good as any wader on the market today with an exceptional price.