Primo™ Zip GD Waders
The Primo™ Zip GD wader from DRYFT is a top of the line feature packed and stylish addition to the DRYFT lineup of outdoor fishing apparel.
We took the popular Primo zip-front waders and upgraded them to guide specs. By upgrading the main components and materials, we made our most popular wader more durable, more abrasion resistant, and more functional. This upgrade boosted the popular Primo zip-front waders up a notch enough to earn the badge of ‘guide’ wader.
Primo Zip Wader GD Wader
- Increased function with bigger pockets, more pockets and tool attachment points.
- Upgraded fabrics for greater long term durability.
- Burly German engineered TIZIP main waterproof zipper. This zipper is found in use on top consumer products ranging from scuba diving gear to rescue equipment and is paired with a front zipper cover flap to help keep dirt and debris out.
- Upgraded seam tape structure in key areas throughout the waders such as fully double taped seams from the waist down with triple taped seam ends.
- Updated style and features.
Why choose the Primo Zip Wader?
Designed with comfort in mind, the Primo Zip GD (Guide Edition) waders use a high quality TIZIP® main zipper to help take the production out of mid fishing session bathroom breaks, and makes getting in and out of your favorite pair of waders oh so easy. The strong and durable four-layer lower from the waist down includes a single vertical seam design with seams running up the outside of the legs to eliminate seam abrasion when walking. The burly reinforced lower joins a comfortable lighter three-layer upper with plenty of secure storage pockets on the outside and inside, including a media pocket and dual large drop in pockets. Adjustable straps, belt, and upper drawstring let you dial in the fit, and flexible knees give freedom of movement allowing you to walk, run, crouch, wade, stumble, and crawl easily without restricted movement. Zippered fleece-lined hand warming pockets double as extra storage, and an adjustable Comfortflex™ semi-stretch wading belt, a nylon webbing non-stretch wading belt, and storage bag are included.
What about staying dry?
Breathable, 20,000mm DWR coated waterproof fabrics combined with double taped seams bring the waterproofing to the next level. To top it off, seam ends and edges are triple taped throughout the legs to keep the water where the fish are.
Packed with features not available on comparably priced waders, the Primo Zip GD wader features a full length front TIZIP waterproof zipper that allows you to release the Kraken with ease.
– 100% waterproof performance breathable four layer and three layer DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coated fabric technology.
– Durable reinforced lower from the waist down including legs, knees and seat. Comfortable three layer upper.
– Single vertical seam design on the outside of the legs eliminates abrasion from walking.
– Double taped seams throughout the legs for ultimate protection against leaks.
– TIZIP® waterproof main zipper. Unleash the Kraken.
– Reinforced tear and stretch resistant neoprene gravel guards with boot lace hooks.
– High density 4.0MM ergonomically shaped neoprene sock feet.
– Adjustable shoulder straps with Duraflex® buckles.
– Inside flip-out pocket and waterproof media pouch.
– Fleece lined hand warming pockets helps keep your hands toasty.
– Large drop in pockets on the inside
– D-rings and tool attachment points on the front to hang all your crap from.
– Hyper Green YKK® water resistant pocket zippers.
– Three belt loops keep your belt securely in place for safe wading.
– Rubber DRYFT tread soles.
– Adjustable upper sizing with internal drawstring.
– Hanging loop.
– Backed by the DRYFT warranty.
– Two belts. Each Primo Zip GD wader ships with an adjustable Comfortflex™ wading belt and a non-stretch nylon webbing belt with Duraflex® buckles.
– Mesh carrying bag.
– Removable Waterproof Media Pouch.
Primo Wading Jacket
More pockets. More features. More awesome.
A true bomber of a jacket, the Primo Wading Jacket keeps you dry even on those hardcore bad weather days. If you want to make an impression on the river and stand out from the crowd, rocking this wading jacket-style technical shell from DRYFT is a sure fire way to do it.
The Primo Wading Jacket features waterproof and breathable protection from the elements with DWR coated, 20,000mm waterproof rated fabric, fully taped seams and water resistant zippers. The snagless cuffs adjust on the inside, wrapping your wrist tighter than a leather mancuff, leaving the outside of your sleeve clean from snagging your line like a hook to the face. With a shorter length for wading, but not so short that it shows off the tattoo you got after losing that bet in Mexico, the Primo Wading Jacket can crossover and be worn with or without waders.
Primo Wading Jacket specs
- Wading style shell.
- New YKK Aquaguard® Vislon® front zipper.
- 20,000mm waterproof rated breathable fabric with fully taped seams.
- DWR (Durable Waterproof Coating) finish.
- Nylon outershell with breathable membrane.
- Nylon innershell
- Hyper green zippers on front pockets and front closure zipper.
- Front storage pockets with water resistant zippers easily fit fly boxes, tools, and flasks.
- Hand warming pockets on the side to tuck your mitts up into on those nasty frosty days.
- Snagless cuffs with inner wrist adjustment.
- Two large storage pockets on the lower back hold all sorts of goodies for long hikes.
- Adjustable drawstrings around bottom and at the neck.
- Fixed hood.
- Net hook on back.
- bluesign® approved fabrics.
- Backed by the DRYFT warranty.
Primo Wading Jacket Fit details
Back length (neck to hem) size large: 27 ½”
Blee (verified owner) –
Frankly the price tag scared me, but after wasting money on inferior products it was a great investment! Dryft’s products and customer service are outstanding. Fished Steelhead Alley in Pennsylvania on 12/17/22 in a snow squall and was warm and dry. You won’t be disappointed with this bundle of front zip waders and wading jacket!
Jon (verified owner) –
I have wore other name brand waders and so called top of the line, I just received these new GD waders and jacket as a package item haven’t used them yet cause it’s been very warm but I’m very impressed with the quality of these products and I gotta say I bought these at full price online and 3 weeks later they went on sale I emailed customer service and they gave me the sale discount I am so impressed this is a great company and customer service is awesome and I’m sure these waiters are gonna work out fine I’ll give later reviews
Jim Amis (verified owner) –
I’m a big guy. I needed 3XL Shorts. They fit like they were custom made for me. The wading jacket also fits like a glove. Very well built and warm in the PNW weather.
I’m looking forward to wearing these pieces on Montana and Wyoming waters this spring and fall! Keep up the great work Dryft!
John cranga (verified owner) –
I bought this combo set can’t say enough they are Great very conformable I wore the about15 times then put them to the test for 4 days 10 hours a day on the Salmon River Pulaski NY the best waders I ever put on thank you to the guys at DRYFT
ericromi (verified owner) –
Hey just bought the combo set for myself. Aside from being awesomely priced for top notch comfortable waders they’re banging looking! For those that don’t understand the word “banging”, it means AWESOME . It kills the competition as far as having the most up to date style out there. Unless maybe you enjoy the beige look, but that’s up to you. In comfort it just kills – total comfort! Warming pockets are lined. Plenty of storage including back of jacket. Waders have plastic protective pouch that Velcros on inside sealed against outer elements. Love that feature. Just the total package. Now the main part. I use these for surf fishing. I expect the best. I will run these waders and jacket through the mill in the next couple of years for sure. Till now I’ve used them 3 total days at 12 hours each day. This is only the beginning . So wouldn’t you know it, on the very first day I had a spill on the rocks. I slipped and landed on my butt (man I was lucky it was a flat rock and that I didn’t fall in between one of the giant rocks – WOW Lucky me!!!). Then I proceeded to slide down rock HHHHard. Got up, brushed off and I checked to see if waders had damage. Ok cool, none to my eye but did I put stress on a seam possibly causing a leak?? Is there a tear I don’t see? I hit the beach later that day and now waist deep in water. Wondered and worried and it didn’t happen. What didn’t happen? NO LEAKS!! After that fall and Dryft waders still strong! I’m sold! Thank you DRYFT for your AWSOME great looking waders and jacket primo series which have so far held up to wear and tear by me. I’m out tomorrow morning again with full gear. Catch me on the Hudson in New York style in the next few days. Always Surf Fishing *itches! Thanks again Dryft.
Eric (verified owner) –
I got this combo set up for christmas and its dope. I use to wear neoprene and having a bad shoulder it was har to get the straps up and over. With the primo zips i never need to undo the straps, getting in and out is that easy. Super comfy and warm. I would recommend these to anyone looking to purchase new gear.